God's Love

God's Love

Friday, August 20, 2010

WELCOME BACK!

My resolution to post here a little everyday has already been broken. Life has gotten busier by the second since returning to campus. First it started with friends slowly returning, then settling details for the upcoming semester were added in. Now, I have friends to catch up with, New Student Orientation, and preparing for school! I'm so excited for classes to start, but I can't imagine what my schedule will look like for the next year.

So, a little about what is going on in my life. I moved back to campus on the 8th and have slowly but surely been settling myself down in my new little apartment. I'm living on a substance-free floor along with 35ish other people who also made the decision to remain substance free for the year. Many of the people living on the floor are close friends that I made last year and I can't wait to get to know the rest of our floor-mates.

Today, I got to visit with my cousin and have a beautiful lunch and awesome time sharing a little bit with each other. It's great to have her in my life. She and her family are always there to encourage, uplift and give me a helping hand (especially in dire situations where I forget to pack towels to shower with!) Definitely a blessing from God. Three of the five other girls living in my apartment moved in today. We are all preparing for our jobs helping with the Freshman Orientation. Although we had a couple hours of training, we got time to chill together and put our rooms in order, and also hang out with the other people on our floor. We had a great time catching up on each others lives. I also got to catch up with a friend from out of state as I helped her move into her apartment. Due to her crazy job and my crazy life, we had very little time to talk over the summer and we had much to catch up on.

As I reflect on the wonders of today, I can't help but see the love. Many people talk about God being visible in their lives and today was one of those days. I am so blessed that at home, school or even miles away, I am surrounded by more love than I can handle. It's overwhelming to see, that not only does God love me, but He loves me enough to send me people who love me. I hope that all of them know how much I love and appreciate all of them. With that being said, it is time for bed. :)

Until the whole world hears,
Cassie
"Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails."
~ (1 Corinthians 13:7-8) ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, I really want feedback, ideas and insights!! Feel free to share.